Sunday, 14 August 2011

Takamatsu Matsuri 2011


Rounding off our journey of the local festivals in Kagawa was the Takamatsu Matsuri 2011. This was the local summer festival of our city, and I was looking forward to seeing the local events. However, I must admit that after both Sakaide Matsuri and Awa Odori in Tokushima, I was feeling a little burned out by this point (and not just because of the weather).

Image from here.




Images from here.

Image from here.

We watched a series of several parades march through the main city centre street, all of whom performed dances as they went by. While there were also fireworks by the Sunport area, we didn't see any of these first-hand: opting instead to stick around the Chuo-Kouen (central park) area and watch the parades instead.

It was a lot of fun, but as I say, I was feeling pretty burned out by this point!

UPDATE: For anyone interested, I had a much more involved experience with Takamatsu Matsuri in 2012, where I went along both to watch the dancing and to perform in a street march myself. Take a look if you're interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment